Cauliflower Purée with Seared Scallops, Caviar, Black Pudding and Baby Leaves
This gourmet taste sensation will leave your guests feeling like royalty. Perfectly seared scallops are placed on a cauliflower purée and topped with Oscietra caviar. The delicate flavour of the scallops combined with the silky texture of the purée, the richness of the black pudding and the salty pop of the caviar is simply majestic.
100ml double cream
1 small cauliflower cut into small florets
1 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
200g black puddings sliced
12 large scallops roes removed
50g Royal Siberian caviar
100g mixed baby leaves washed1 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil for drizzling
1. Heat the milk cream and water in a medium sized pan, add the cauliflower and cook over a medium heat with a lid on until the cauliflower is soft to the touch, about 8 to 10 minutes.
2. Place the cauliflower and butter in a blender until very smooth. Remove and put into a small saucepan, season with salt and paper.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large non stick frying pan, cook the black pudding for 2 minutes on each side, or until the black pudding is crispy. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Turn up the heat and sear the scallops on both sides for 1 minute. Remove from the pan and drain with the black pudding.
5. Warm the cauliflower puree and divide between 4 warm plates, top with scallops, black pudding, caviar and baby leaves. Drizzle with the rapeseed oil and serve.