Cornmeal Fried Oysters with Caviar Gribiche
1 tsp garlic granules
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp sriracha sauce
Salt and pepper
20 oysters shucked (keep the shells)
200g fine cornmeal
4 tbsp mayonnaise
1 small shallot finely diced
1 tbsp baby capers
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp chopped gherkins
2 tsp chopped parsley
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Oil for frying
1. Mix together the buttermilk, garlic granules, paprika and sriracha in a medium sized bowl, season with salt and pepper, then add the oysters, cover and leave to marinade for twenty minutes in the fridge.
2. After 20 minutes, put the cornmeal in a shallow dish. remove the oysters from the fridge, coat the oysters in the cornmeal one at a time and put to one side.
3. Mix together the mayonnaise, shallot, capers, Dijon, caviar, parsley and Worcestershire in a small bowl and season with black pepper.
4. Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer or deep pan until it reaches 180C. Note if doing this in a pan, do not fill the pan more than half with oil.
5. Fry the oysters in batches until golden. Remove from the oil and place on kitchen paper.
6. When all the oysters are cooked, serve in the shells with the gribiche on top.